Update on Olivia Hope

Quick update on testing from Friday. The quick answer is we know nothing more than what we knew before the sedated echo!! But if I have the choice we will never have another sedated one done again. I feel no need to put my baby thru what she went thru for the echo cardiogram again! She has done fine with previous echos that she is awake for each and every time. This time they felt the need to sedate her...well it didn't go well. They found a good vein in her head and wanted to use that but also had another in her hand that they felt would be harder to get to. So momma not wanting to have her poked more than needed said okay go ahead do it there. Well it didn't work so they still had to do it in her hand..soooo after an hour of poking her and upsetting her to the point where she cried herself to sleep and was awaken with the 2nd needle momma was getting really upset. But that wasn't the worst of it! The sedation "team" so to speak....gave her the initial does which put her to sleep in a matter of 15 seconds! Scared to me death I might add..worked fine for 20 minutes or so, then she began to move just a tad so they gave her some more..1-2 minutes later she flinched!!!! they then gave her MORE...she then desated!!!!! She stopped breathing nearly on her own.....all I could do was stand there and watch them bag my daughter!!! Okay so I had to just ask the Lord to help my little one as there was nothing I could do... I also had to ask the Lord to help me hold my tongue, which when it comes to my family is not always easy to do...by the Lords grace she began to breath okay again and they finished.. as we were nearly done I asked her cardiologist did he see anything much different? The response was well not really...so WHY did we have to put my baby thru this????? We are now waiting to here from our doctors at Vanderbilt to make a decision that I truly can say we trust whether we need to go back in for another heart cath...so please help me pray the Lords will is done concerning all this. As a momma it is tough sometimes to sit back and wait to find out what the outcome is going to be. But I can say without a shadow of doubt God is in control and has been from the beginning!!!! Thank you so much for all the prayers.. I certainly can say they were needed and felt on Friday during it all...

Comments

Lauren said…
It's so hard to watch your children (especially little ones who don't understand why they have to be poked and prodded) undergo medical procedures. We're still praying for Olivia and your family!

Popular Posts