2 Heartbeats!!!

Well we had to be at the hospital at 5:30am yesterday. They got me all prepped and ready to go. They were all very carrying to me and the babies. They started about 7:30-7:45am and it lasted about 2 hours. Our girls were sharing about 27 vessels that went to each other. Which on average in this situation they typically see around 16-20 so it was a bit higher than normal. But they feel confident they got them all. Our little baby the "donor" has 30% from herself going straight to the placenta, they hope for at least 20% so we are doing better than hoped for. Actually the other doctor that also does this procedure said he felt it was more like 40%. Either way it is better than hoped for. They then put 2 micro tiny holes in the membranes between the babies to help with the amniotic fluid between them. Last thing they did was take 3 liters of amniotic fluid off our "recipient"baby as she was swimming in what they called an Olympic size pool. They said it was about 6 lbs. We stayed the night at the hospital and early this morning they came in and did an ultrasound and immediately saw 2 heartbeats!!!! We are so blessed. We are now tucked in tight at the hotel as it is snowing like crazy and they are expecting nearly 4 inches or more in some areas. Our next tests are on Thursday and if all still looks stable and good they will release me to head home. We are so thankful for all the Lord has done, he has just blessed us with wonderful doctors and nurses and safe travel. Please continue to pray for the girls, we still have a long road ahead.

Comments

Forever Young said…
Wonderful news! Praise God!
Ronda said…
Dear Mrs. Carrie & Brother Micheal,
I am so very happy to hear the good news, thus far. Bob and I have been praying for you and your precious little one's. I know God is in control of all, and we are all praying for a glorious and healthy outcome for all three of you. I also know that so very many people accross the country are praying for you and your babies.

I hope you do not mind, but I have been asking for prayers for yall and for your precious little babies. I have many friends accross the country, many of them I have come to know and love because of my blog. I know that these ladies are Good Christian women, who know how to get ahold of The Lord, so I put the word out asking for all of them to cover you and your babies in prayer. I gave them what little basic information I knew, and then just asked for them to pray.

Please know that we love all of you and we miss you dearly. Take care of each other, and tell ur mom I said *Hello Beautiful*.

We love yall very much. See you soon.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda
Tipper said…
So sorry to hear about the complications with the babies. I remember all the different things they check for in multiple births. One of those tests saved my girls lives. And I'm so thankful you found out in time about the syndrome your girls have. I will be praying for them-for you-and for all of your family. Godspeed in health for both girls and Momma.

Popular Posts