My Precious Miracles Are *~TWO~* Today

I woke up this morning, not in labor, not in fear, but happiness filled my heart! I had 2 happy little girls in their rooms today. Two years ago though, I was scared, and nervous, and unsure of what the future was gonna hold. As I layed in the operating room, and the nurses and doctors were quickly moving about preparing for my 29 week 2 day old babies to arrive, all I could do was PRAY! Pray the Lord would guide the doctors and nurses, that he would protect these little ones in my womb. That the Lord would allow them to make it thru all this. One thing I remember which may have been silly to some, but it was oh so important to me was hearing them cry. I knew the chances were slim, since they were so tiny...but oh how my heart ached to hear them cry. I never heard a true cry of what a full term baby would sound like, although the nurses said they did..what I heard was a whimper...they were alive! Beatrice Joy was born @7:23am and was 2lb 5oz 14in long, and Olivia Hope was born @7:24am and was 2lb 11oz 14 1/2in long. It was the Lord's grace, truly amazing grace! We had been thru so much with them. Finding out at about 19 weeks that they had TTTS a very rare condition for identical twins, and then having fetal laser surgery at 20 weeks and not knowing if they would both make it, or worse yet doctors telling us we may lose both or have to choose between the two of them to save one. The doctors gave us little hope. But the Lord gave us HOPE, & JOY...and the peace knowing he was in control. Then I was put on bedrest, for not knowing how long my body would keep them in there safe haven. But oh our Lord knows whats best! He always does...I am so thankful for his timing and his protection. I know you must think....how could these babies coming so early have been the Lord's will....I have NO DOUBT it was his timing and his will. Our little Olivia left 1 week after being born to Vanderbilt University to under go her 1st heart surgery (due to complications from TTTS) she was the smallest baby ever to have this particular procedure done. I have no doubt that was the Lord! I can go on and on about what God did during this time in our life, but it would take up so much room...I couldn't still fit it all in. He worked in ways only he can! He was always ahead of us, preparing the way...always in each tomorrow! Olivia still has issues with her heart, and I know the Lord is still taking care of her! She is a fighter, she doesn't show any outward signs of having problems...and it never slows her down! No meds, only check-ups and yes we know surgery is in her future but I know the Lord will be there with us. He knew these babies before they were conceived, and he's been there while they were in my womb, and each and every day since then.


The bible says in Psalm 139: 13-14

For thou hast possessed my reins: thou has covered my in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are they works, and that my soul knoweth right well.

I thank the Lord for all my many friends over that past 2+ years that have prayed for us...he was working and still is today!


If you want to read more, go back to December 2008-May 2009 and then more on Olivia in Aug. 2009

My precious twin girls! God made you just for us..we love you so very much

The personalities you have are wonderful and we love watching you develop them
Olivia Hope 2lb 11oz 14 1/2in long


Beatrice Joy 2lb 5oz 14in long


My hand covered their little bodies, they were so tiny


Just after they came home from the NICU


Momma & her girls in the NICU almost time to come home


Momma & her girls last summer


Still fit in the swing together


Daddy & Momma on our anniversary 2009 in the NICU

we loved spending it with them!


Olivia playing outside the other day..loving the spring weather


Beatrice playing outside..being her silly self

Comments

Heather~sheaaa6 said…
I remember the posts on their birth and NICU stay and Olivia's surgery. Precious sweet babies formed by God. I prayed for them and you. =] I can't believe they are 2! Time has just zipped by. =]
Have fun celebrating their birthday… =]
The Cole Family said…
This was such a sweet post. My Hannah is one today. It doesn't seem possible. Do you want more children? I used to get pregnant even before my babies were one, but now that I am older, it has been more spread out. I sure hope God has one more for us.

Thank you so much for writing me back. I have an email that I am working on to send you. Your daughter's story is nice. It is hard to find Godly, young men these days.

Cindy

Popular Posts